Monday, April 23, 2007

meeting

There were about 60 people that came to the meeting this evening. I was expecting that many more or less. It would be unrealistic of me to expect all 60 students to continue coming and posting articles. I think maybe 25% will write an article, and even that number may be somewhat of a highball, but even if we only retain 10 or so students, that is a significant staff for the first year try (in my book at least)

I began the meeting with a short introduction of myself and a welcome to the newspaper, then handed it over to Esther who has become the unofficial student leader of the newspaper with help from my suggestions. She spoke about the newspaper in Chinese and explained why she enjoyed it, the basics of the publishing process and what would be happening in the future. Joy then gave a demonstration about how to publish articles on the website using the http://localhost I had stored on my computer.

It's back to class tomorrow, and next week there is a week vacation for Labor day, so I'm looking forward to getting through and over this hump.

I almost don't feel like posting this because it's quite short and on the side of irrelevant, but here it is. There's a picture of Esther giving her speech at the beginning.

No comments: